Le musée de la grange de Wassy
Click on the compass for its precise location
Office du Tourisme - rue du Général Rignoux
52130 – WASSY - Tél : 03 25 07 64 47
GPS : N 48° 29' 59,28" - E 4° 56' 53,44"
The museum is installed in the temple built on the exact site of the massacre of 1562.
On March 1st of this year, the troops of the duke of Guise, informed of a meeting of Protestants in a barn of Wassy (Haute-Marne), fall on the assembly. There were sixty dead and a hundred wounded.
It is this massacre that marks the beginning of the first war of religion. The history of this Protestant community is told from the tragedy to the emigration to Leiden in Holland of more than three hundred people at the end of the seventeenth century.